The advantages of having an autoclave are that allows you to memorize all the variables to prepare your preserves and/or prepared dishes
As we have already explained in previous articles, pasteurization and sterilization are thermal processes that require a lot of trial and error to find the exact time and temperature. Getting your gourmet preserve and/or your prepared dish to the desired taste, color, smell and texture is a complicated task that requires dedication and can also require memory and organization.
Memory and organization?
Once you have developed the formula for your product, you will need memory to retain the different values used. You will need to remember the parameters that you determined for the Fo-Po values for sterilization and / or pasteurization , the time and the temperature.
In addition to a lot of organization, to write down all the variables in a structured and clear way for each of your products, either in a notebook or a digital document. This way, every time you are going to make one of your preserves, you will be able to remember the different parameters used throughout the process to obtain the same result every time.
At first this may seem like a simple thing, but in reality it is a major headache for many small producers who are starting out in their own business of gourmet canning and ready meals and who do so without an autoclave with storage capacity or who are unaware of this valuable function of TERRA Food-Tech® autoclaves.
Why is it so important to have an autoclave with storage programs?
When starting the production of gourmet preserves and/or ready meals, you will have had to carry out different tests for the same product, you will have played with the time and temperature according to the pH of the ingredients of your preserve , and you will have had to carefully write down all the variables, as well as their derivations in terms of the resulting organoleptic characteristics. A laborious job that you must do for each of your products until you achieve the desired result. And then, memorize it or write it down to be able to repeat your production.
Advantages of having an autoclave with storage programs:
- It makes your job easier.
TERRA Food-Tech® autoclaves have up to 50 storage programs, allowing you to save the default values for the prepartion of up to 50 different programs. Simply put your canned and/or ready meals into the autoclave and select the program saved for your product. And that’s it! You will get the same results again.
- It saves you time.
No need to remember, memorize, consult notebooks or documents on your computer. As simple as pressing a button and you will already have all the necessary data to produce your product again and under the same conditions.
- It allows you to automate the preparation of your preserves and / or prepared dishes.
Thanks to the automation of the entire process, you will be able to leave the preparation of your preserves and / or prepared dishes in the hands of anyone else with complete peace of mind.
TERRA Food-Tech® autoclaves with up to 50 storage programs
As we have already mentioned, TERRA Food-Tech® autoclaves allow you to program cycles through a 5 ” color touch screen with up to 50 configurable programs. In this way, you can save the pasteurization and sterilization cycles for up to 50 different products.
In addition, our autoclaves offer you the possibility of establishing a hierarchy of users and administrators. In this way, your partners and/or colleagues will also be able to use the autoclaves in complete autonomy and safety.
Advice to develop the perfect formula for your product
At TERRA Food-Tech® we offer you a technical advisory service so that you can consult all your questions and find the most suitable heat treatment for your product. Our experts will help you find the ideal thermal process for your preserves and / or prepared dishes, carry out feasibility tests and adjust all the programmable values until you achieve the final result that best suits your needs, patterns and production rates.
Remember that our Basic Consulting service for 1 product is included for free in the purchase of any of our autoclaves, but that you can also continue to have technical advice whenever you require it.
Do you want to know what else the TERRA Food-Tech® autoclaves include?
Our autoclaves also have a series of tools whose main objective is to respect the organoleptic and nutritional characteristics of your gourmet preserve and / or prepared dish, in addition to helping you to make your work easier. And they do it by incorporating:
- Possibility of carrying out a gentle cooking phase before pasteurization or sterilization. You can introduce packaged raw or undercooked food into the autoclave, carry out a preliminary cooking phase at a low temperature, for example, at 60 ° C for 30 minutes and then briefly sterilize it at 110 ° C, all at once, so you will save time and energy costs. And you can save all this information in one of your configurable programs.
- Fast cooling by means of a water shower at the end of the cycle. Once sterilized or pasteurized, the equipment rapidly cools the product by immersion in water to avoid overcooking it during the cooling phase.
- Control and regulation of the entire cycle by core temperature probe. We always provide you with a perforator kit for both lids or semi-rigid containers to be able to insert the probe and perfectly control the temperature throughout the process.
- Continuous monitoring of all pasteurization and / or sterilization parameters. In case of failure or not reaching the expected results, the program is interrupted and generates a warning message.
For more information about the storage programs of TERRA Food-Tech® autoclaves, do not hesitate to contact our technical service , we will be happy to help you.